Monday, March 12, 2012

Looking For The Perfect Guy #BOOM

So, going to a Christian College is awesome in a lot of ways. One, because I get to study along side with people making an impact on the kingdom, two, because I get to see awesome things happen. For example, my roommate Ashely got baptized tonight! At the same time however, I get to hear and watch some crazy stuff Christians say and do. Especially when it comes to dating. So just for the fun of it, I thought I would post some stuff that I have found online that comes to us and the things we say about dating.

*DISCLAIMER* I am in no way saying that we are to act like this world when it comes to finding our match, this is meant to be a fun, and quirky post.

First, this is a video that my best friend, Tara found and showed me. Its great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My92oE9RwRE

Sorry that you will have to click on the link!

Second, after a quick Google search, I found the website pickuplinesgalore.com and they had a Christian section! So here are a few of my favorites:

1.For you, I'd slay two Goliaths.

2.My spiritual gift is my good looks...it lifts peoples spirits.

3.Girl, is this the transfiguration? Because you are glowing!

4.I used to believe in Natural Theology, until I met you. Now I believe in divine revelation.

5.I went on a beach mission trip, but all I ended up doing was mission you.

6.How many times do I have to walk around you to make you fall for me?

7.How would you like to join my Purpose Driven Life?

8.When I read Philippians 4:8, I think of you.

9.I believe one of my ribs belong to you.

10. It's obvious to me that you sprouted from the good kinda soil.

I got a good giggle out of finding these, and some of them had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.
And thankfully, almost mercifully,not all Christian dating advice is like this.In fact, one of my favorite people, Bethany Jett, has a fantastic blog about dating and being Godly. Its brilliant, and the link is here. And that wonderful site is (drum roll please!)

esthersblessing.com

Seriously, it's awesome. And witty. And real. But you don't know until you go on it. So do it right now. I won't be offended that you leave my site to go to hers.

#boom,

Natalie

P.S. WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?! GO TO BETHANY'S SITE RIGHT NOW!

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! . . . and now I have to look up Philippians 4:8. haha!

    ReplyDelete